Pond Waterfall Boxes are filters and waterfalls ALL-IN-ONE!
A waterfall filter box is a passage point water circulates through. Waterfall boxes purify water using beneficial bacteria and biological media. The water is filtered with biological filtration media where beneficial bacteria colonized on th media found inside of the waterfall box. The water raises to the top of waterfall box and spills out evenly.
How Waterfall Boxes work:
- Water enters bottom side(s) from pump
- Water travels up and thru filter media
- Water nutrients are absorbed by beneficial bacteria
- Water receives oxygen during gravitational lift
- Water spills over waterfall creating more oxygen for pond
How to determine what waterfall box you need:
- Pond water volume
- Potential nutrient load