Medo Pump Technology
The Linear-motor-driven Free Piston System (Pat.) has an internal piston inside the cylinder which is driven by an electro-magnet and spring system controlled by the alternating input current cycle. The piston thus forms a single combined structure of two usually different devices; motor and pump. The system is quiet and vibration free, and offers the advantages of easy maintenance and a long operating life.
Linear Pump Operating Principle
The activated electro-magnet attracts the piston against the return spring, while air is taken into the cylinder through the opened inlet valve.
When the electro-magnet is deactivated, the return spring pushes the piston back, and the compressed air is brought out of the cylinder through the now open outlet valve. The system can function as either an air compressor or as a vacuum pump.
The pump's unique and simple structure has no complicated transmission mechanism such as a crankshaft, connecting rods, ball bearings, etc., which are widely used in between the motor and compressor in conventional pumps.
- Super Quiet — you can barely hear them from only 5' away
- Super Energy Efficient — operates for only pennies per day
- Very Reliable — motors can often run constant for five to eight years
- Oil-less Design — provides clean, dry air with minimal maintenance
- UL listed for outdoor use
- The “E” indicates 120v units while the “P” indicates 230v.
- Outlet: 5/8"
- Three Year Warranty!
|Max Airflow||1.59 cfm / 45 lpm|
|Max Pressure||1.56 psig|
|Power Consumption||45 W @ 60 Hz|
|Running Current||1.0 amps|
|Noise Level||38 dB(A) Max. @ 1 meter|
|Coil Insulation||UL Class A|
|Gross Weight||6.6 lbs|